Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - HOOPDOME ANYONE? WED-FRI?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Raptorman
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
hahahaha... it's not JUST a young thing Raptorman..... it's the nature of "e-friends". Easier to bail on someone when you don't have to look them in the eye or talk to them on the phone the next week lol.

Rather than trying to organize something huge it's probably best to just aim for 5 or 6 people who are a definite yes, and then simply extend the invitation from there. I know that's how I met up with some Raps fans in the past.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Knicks game outing drew some people out.
I wish I could agree. Like I said, my GF is under 30. She organized a birthday party for herself and a friend. Kind of a "University is done, lets hang!" thing. 14 people said they would be there. Not maybes. Reservations were made. 8 showed up. But what surprised me the most was the 8 all were fine with it!

I run a softball league. The first year we had a banquet it was pay at the door. There are about 6 under 30ish teams. EVERY person over 30 came that committed. About 10 out of 60 under 30's showed up. When I spoke to them after they all said "we did something else". So why commit? And how do you bail so casually?

Maybe I'm just so old I'm all "Grumble grumble...we're counting on you kids to run the world?" ...like every old guy said in the last 500 years.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote