Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Triano for COY?
Thread: Triano for COY?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
BBallFan
just a Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Everyone?

Many predicted we'd be around 8th or out of the playoffs. Even some in the Toronto media predicted a less then .500 record....see Fesfuck & Grange. Most in the US had us hovering around .500.
I have to admit that I was one of those who predicted 0.500 would be a good season for the Raps given the fact that they started with 9 new faces on the team. As a matter of fact, I thought it would be a hugely successful season just to get 40 wins, and was not hopeful for a playoff berth.

We do not have 40 wins yet, and there is still a chance that we may not - but for the past two months - being the team with the 2nd best wining record is amazing - despite the poor play of our key signing (understandable, now that we know Turk's mother was so ill), and the future investment minutes given to the rookie. There are more than a few unexpected imporvments:

To wit:
- CB4's elevation to near elite (if not elite) level.
- JT's continually improving scoring - a real surprise here imo.
- AB's continually improving court awareness as demonstragted by improved help D.
- Wright's recent offensive improvement in addition to delivering the D at cluch times.
- Amir's surprising offense contribution and good defense
- Weems' offense and defense contributions - another surprise
- Rasho's scoring contribution - more than can be expected when called upon

IMHO - these unexpected improvments speaks well for the coaching staff's motivational skills, the utilization of the players in setting them up for success and bringing out the best the players have to offer.

Of course, it is not all JT as the COY should go to the whole coaching staff in recognition of their collective success.
BBallFan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key