Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - 2010 Winter Olympics Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #143 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I don't think this is one of those results where you question the motives of the judging (i.e. favoritism, politics). I liked Plushenko because he was the only skater to execute a quadruple jump. He was a bit wonky in some of his other jumps even though he didn't fuck up any of their landings. Lysecek had a perfect skate, but again he didn't even try a quad. But then the analysts said his skate was better choreographed. I guess the result could have gone either way. I would have given it to the Russian.
Plushenko's choreography was lacking though ... I thought that his transition steps between jumps were weird (blowing those kisses every 5 seconds ... whaty?!). And he wobbled after landing two (I think) of his jumps. It's like he put all the effort into his jumps but hardly any thought into his choreography. Lysacek was just more consistent, I think ...

Anyway, happy with the results. Sad for Patrick Chan, but never really thought he stood a chance.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote