Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - TJ Cleared to Practice...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i really hope you're wrong, SWAN. What kind of a coaching policy is that to have sarters' roles engraved in stone even when players' performances would indicate the opposite should take place?

Moreover, what does that tell Jose Calderon who is playing extremely well right now, getting all star consideration, and most importantly deciding what team is his best fit for the rest of his career? Do you think he's always going to strive to be a backup point guard?

The more i think about, the more i think of how terrible it would be if TJ just got handed the starter's role - for no real reason.
We'll see I suppose but really... what if Nash went down and Barbosa elevated his game to the point of all-star consideration... should Nash not get his job back when he returns?

Really this is only a discussion because many of you dont' believe in TJ like BC and Sam(and I) do. TJ is our starting point guard and he shouldn't lose his job simply because Jose has filled in above expectations... first because you shouldn't lose your job because you got hurt(that's dirty pool) and second because the team is struggling on offence despite Jose's numbers.

For me I want what's best for the team..and that is a healthy TJ starting and getting 30 minutes and Jose backing him up with 20 minutes. If Jose isn't happy being a backup he'll sign elsewhere... but putting TJ as the backup when he was brought here to lead the team is just wrong particularly when he's done nothing to lose his job.

As good as Jose is... and I really like him.. he's not the best guard to start for this team. Our offense is simply better when TJ starts and Jose comes in to change up the flow.

If we're being honest, TJ is a more effective defender that forces more turnovers and puts more pressure on the opposing point guard. He can take over games and lift the team up when it needs a lift... not saying he's flawless but we're missing that stuff huge. Jose is sharp, doesn' tmake mistakes, not too flashy...very steady and has been a lifesaver and the only reason we're a 500 club with TJ out... but he's just filling in.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote