Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: Best Case Scenario For Raptors
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Smith: Best Case Scenario For Raptors

Someone wrote in to Doug today about his opinion about what the "best case" scenario for the Raptors this summer regarding their roster.

Doug had to say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Star
Q: Just wondering a couple things:
a) what in your opinion is the "best case" scenario come mid August? (for the RAPTORS, and the state of the franchise)
b) of the free agents we have right now who are the best 2 available minus Jose?
I read your blog everyday, I haven't gotten a response yet, and am looking forward,

Marc C, Scarborough

Doug: The best-case scenario in August? They will have at least one new starter at the two-three spots, Jose Calderon will be signed to a five-year deal worth between $33-$40 million and they’ll have a better fourth big man behind Bosh, Bargnani and Rasho. Or a good third big man behind Bosh and Bargnani.

Not sure what free agents you’re referring to: On the Raptors? Well, there’s only one, Delfino. And I guess second by default goes to The Gangster.

League wide? Let’s see who opts out of their contracts before we compile any list.
Now I read somewhere else today (can't remember where) but someone mentioned that they didn't think that Ford would be traded until after the Olympics incase Jose gets injured while playing for Spain this summer. Do you think that's too late to wait or a smart decision if they do in fact wait till then before they deal Ford?

Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote