Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Olympics.
Thread: The Olympics.
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

I get on board with the games whenever they are on. I would not be upset at all if they never came back to Canada though. I don't see it as proper investment of tax payers money.

That said. I was in Atlanta, before and after their Olympiad and I must say the city completely changed from an infrastructure standpoint. I would not have minded them come to Toronto because it would have forced our inept city council to acually get something done within a timframe.

On too the protesters. I think it is a shame that proper protest and voice is trumped by criminals looking for nothing more than some time on the news and to cause destruction.

Finally seeing those jackass's actually makes me proud to be Canadian. They are exercising their right to protest that has been given to them, by democracy. Democracy that was won. You did not see any protests in China...why? I just wish their efforts were not so overshadowed by a few mask wearing anarchists.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote