Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Routine infant male circumcision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #100 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post

I'm not sure what your sources are, but from what I've read there has been a ton of clinical studies done on penile sensitivity and most of them show very little difference between uncircumcised and circumcised.
1 - You obviously did not read through the whole thread before posting. When I had an earlier exchange with 'trane, I quoted the conclusions of a study, and posted a link to where you can find the article in a pdf format, just in case people have difficult accessing the article via the medical journal's website.

2 - I'm showing you one of the most respected studies, quoted repeatedly by doctors. Show me the studies you are referring to. I'm genuinely interested. Are they from respectable academic journals? Or are we talking about bullshit that was funded by a political/religious group and then published in a non-peer reviewed article format. That has happened with Rabbi's trying to justify circumcision as an AIDS preventative.

Furthermore, in the article I am linking you to, the authors discuss the methodology of "previous studies" and explain why they are flawed. So, that leads me to ask if your clinical studies were published after 2007. Were they? If not, then the Sorrels study already took it into account when publishing these findings.

If you can find the time to track them down, I respectfully request that you show us your studies. Not trying to be a dick, but people are talking a lot of shit in this thread and not backing it up.

3 - In another post, I'm going to get to the functionality aspect, since several people think the loss of a foreskin doesn't matter in terms of functionality. It might not be that simple.

Here is part of the findings of a study published in the British Journal of Urology International:

Quote:
In conclusion, circumcision removes the most sensitive parts of the penis and decreases the fine-touch pressure sensitivity of glans penis. The most sensitive regions in the uncircumcised penis are those parts ablated by circumcision. When compared to the most sensitive area of the circumcised penis, several locations on the uncircumcised penis (the rim of the preputial orifice, dorsal and ventral, the frenulum near the ridged band, and the frenulum at the muco-cutaneous junction) that are missing from the circumcised penis were significantly more sensitive.
LINK

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 02-06-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote