Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Routine infant male circumcision
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:
Default Routine infant male circumcision

Over the past few months, the issue of routine infant male circumcision has been brought up in conversations I've had with people in real life and on the internet. A couple of people I know have had kids recently, so, for obvious reasons, this is something that was talked about. To be honest, until recently, I never gave circumcision any thought. I just took for granted that it is something parents decide for their children. However, during the process of participating in a couple of conversations about this procedure, I've started to question whether a parent really should have the right to decide if a healthy baby boy's weiner gets mutilated. Yeah, I know somebody might take issue with me calling it mutilation.

There is some important additional statistical information that I could post, but, before I do that, I'm curious as to how people feel off the top of their head. What are people's general thoughts about the legality of this procedure? Should it be legal? Or should steps be taken to change the laws in Canada?

I've heard about half a dozen reasons for why particular people think routine infant male circumcision should continue, but rather than address them all now, I'm going to wait and see what people's general thoughts are. Maybe people on this board don't even care about this issue. Personally, I think it's quite important.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote