Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What I think about Chrysler's gas gimmick
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
lang
watching.

Administrator

Representing:
Default What I think about Chrysler's gas gimmick

So in case you haven't heard, Chrysler announced a week ago that they have this new incentive program in place for customers buying almost any new Chrysler car. Chrysler will include a card that will guarantee gas prices for 3 years at $2.99/gallon. Under Chrysler's plan, the guaranteed price covers an annual allotment of gallons based on 12,000 miles divided by the average mileage per gallon of the purchased vehicle.

The reason why they came up with this campaign is because after surveying most of their client database, the number one concern was gas guzzling vehicles and the rising price of gas.

This is what I'm thinking:

1. Does this not just promote heavier use of fossil fuels in a time where there is instability in the oil market.
2. Most car companies are going green. Wouldn't this be a dangerous move locking out the environmentally-aware consumer?
3. Why not just spend more money in R&D and make cars that use less gas?

I think it's a poor solution to sagging car sales. Whoever came up with this idea should have been fired.

Your thoughts?
lang is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote