Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Could the Raptors on to something on offense?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Could the Raptors on to something on offense?

As per Doug Smith's blog this morning I found this interesting. I didn't realize it till he pointed it out, but the offensive formation certainly worked in Bosh's favour especially in the 2nd half last night. Apparently it was a similiar style we ran last season and had success with too. Which leads me to think now, why did it take so long to use it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
Who should get traded today? How about fired? Bench? Bought out? Oh, wait, they won! The coffee tastes a bit better today, doesn't it? And there's a spring in your step. It's a beautiful day. Until the next loss when it all come crashing down.

Gonna change things up a wee bit; we’ll still stick with the things I learned because you can never learn enough but we’ll sprinkle some other stuff in as well.

Way more fun this way.

And away we go:

Three Things I Learned

It’s 1-Up Reverse

Notice a new wrinkle in the Raptor offence last night? Chris Bosh isolated at the left elbow, point guard at the top, three others spaced out on the right side? Worked pretty well, too. Got Bosh to the rim more easily and also created a couple of open jump shots off ball reversal.

Asked an advance scout at the game about it. He said it was something they ran a lot last year, he's got it as 1-Up Reverse, but something he hadn’t seen in a handful of Toronto games this year.
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote