Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Should Marijuana be legalized?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
dfunkie1
censored

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
First off, you insensitive twat, I said it got me started. My first panic attack happened after I smoked pot. My second, third and fourth happened after I smoked pot.

I don't know what evidence you're talking about, but I'd ask you to go talk to some therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists about how many teens they see come through their door and onto their couch because of panic attacks that started with marijuana.

Regardless, alcohol and marijuana are two totally different things, so the comparison is pointless. What good argument starts with "...is worse, so..."?
those teens that walk thru those doors have underlying anxiety issues that were untreated. marijuana isn't a cause, it's just amplifies an already existing problem. with that said, it's also used to treat anxiety and depression.

the comparison isn't pointless. both would be government controlled drugs, both effect mental stimulus, improper use can be harmful to the public. you could easily make a list of similarities, pros and cons. what do you believe will be brought to the podium when they debate the issue?

I think it would be great hearing an argument to legalize alcohol, as a beverage.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote