Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
MangoKidHoops
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Anyhow, speaking of Sundin ... any chance Leafs brass can convince him to waive his trade clause? I can appreciate his loyalty to the organization, but I think its time to part ways for the sake of this club's future. Would you guys agree?
MLSE would never deal Sundin. They're looking at it from a dollar and cents standpoint. If somehow the Leafs get on a bit of a roll and just squeak into the playoffs (a la the Islanders last year), MLSE will stand to make extra money. Without Sundin, that's not possible. That's why the Leafs will continue to suck. MLSE doesn't care about you as a fan and putting the best team on the ice. They just want to make money.

There was an article in the Star yesterday - 14 different hockey minds (ex players, broadcasters, journalists, etc). Each had to come up with a different team and the deal that they would make for Sundin. Some of the offers were really outlandish. I believe one was Sundin going to Pittsburgh for Jordan Staal and Angelo Esposito. Yeah, like that's happening. The other one was Sundin to Ottawa for Meszaros, Eaves and Vermette for Sundin. Like come on.. you think Sundin would be traded for THAT much?
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote