Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - National Post: Raptors mid season grades
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
INSIDER
BOOBS

never too old.

Representing:

im going to go to bat for Hedo in this one... how does he get a D?
his stats alone are pretty imppressive 13/5/5... and while i know stats dont mean squat in most cases, he's been a key factor in a bunch of games this season.

i like to usually defend the scapegoat on occasion, and this is one of those times. i definitely think he's getting a ton of undeserved blame for this season and the teams underachieving, and its not fair.
He's in a slump right now and that makes it even worse, but that still doesnt warrant the pounding he's been taking in the media recently.
i love bargs, always will... but earlier in the year he went through a similar slump (and came out), and no one really batted an eye... he got off the hook a lot because "he's young", "he's learning", blah, blah... yet when Hedo slumps, people only look at his paycheque and the length... they dont care to offer any sympathy or excuses... they just grill him right away.

i say we give him the benefit of the doubt for now and lay off for a bit... the D grade is pretty harsh IMO, because i dont think anyone putting up 13/5/5 is close to failing, but thats just me.
bargs is putting up 16/6 and everyone is raving about him... its confusing.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote