Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Obama appoints first transgender woman to US Gov. post
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Again, I re-iterate that looking at this from the angle of "They're LGBT, so did that play a role in their hiring?" is an unecessarily restricted view. It is no different than many appointments that were made in the previous 8 years just because the appointee was a conservative. The question of whether someone brings the appropriate experience and knowledge is one that should be put forth of any nomination or appointment, and should not be framed exclusively around the LGBT issue.
+1

"Attorneygate" illustrates your point. When that fool Monica Goodling was thrust into the public spotlight, all of a sudden, reporters and bloggers finally realized that dozens and dozens (the Regent website used to say over 100, and it was possibly true) of graduates from Regent University Law School were working within the Bush Administration, including filling important appointed posts. I mean, seriously, Regent fucking University? That's not the best and the brightest the US has to offer. The Bush administration shamelessly filled positions with unqualified people who were loyal to Bush's brand of conservatism.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote