Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - RF Car thread
Thread: RF Car thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
thing about Vw's is they really aren't that great. Japanese are the more logical choices as far as reliability and ease of maintenance goes. Still there's something about VWs that makes me love them.

Oh and standard over automatic everytime. current Jetta is automatic and i really wish it was a stick. I miss changing gears. next time.
Stick shifts are getting harder to find. Now I mean TRUE sticks with gear box and a clutch were YOU control the torque of your car. Nowadays it seems its always on the super moded model or even now some car companies make you pay more for stick than automatic which is rediculous.

Now I'm a stick baby. Every car I had with the exception of my Piece of Shit first was a stick. I love stick and I do drive quite a bit and don't get tired of it.

Things I love about stick

1. Less likely to cause an accident because your always doing something on the road

2. The fact you control the torque of the car you are one with the car.

3. Its fun

Now dont' believe peoiple telling you "you'll save your breaks". Thats a whole lot of BS because for me if I have a choice to gear down to a stop or hit it in neutral I'll choose neutral more often than not to save gas and to save my clutch and gear box.

I dunno I find people that drive stick are really a part of a faternity and I feel more comfortable in Europe where plenty of cars are in stick.f

Oh also did i mention if your conservative with your stick you'll easily save gas.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote