Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How to fix the All-Star voting process
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Lightbulb How to fix the All-Star voting process

Quote:
1) Eliminate fan voting

It doesn’t appear too difficult to discount this one. Next to All-Stars always being worthy players, it can be argued the other mainstay is fan voting. Since 1951, fans have always been allowed to vote for players. There is simply no way the NBA would take a step that would be akin to cutting off their own feet. Fan involvement undoubtedly helps promote the game ensuring it’s survival even in difficult economic conditions.
Quote:
2) Eliminate Internet voting

It would appear that a number of irregularities have cropped up since allowing the rest of the world to have a say. It shouldn’t come as a surprise then that entire cultures have decided to vote for their own. Without a doubt the most polarizing figure in the game is Yao Ming. Thanks to him, the Rockets team and individual players get an inordinate amount of attention. Just look the latest Western Conference ballot results: Aaron Brooks (5th among guards), Trevor Ariza (6th among forwards) and Luis Scola (7th among forwards). In addition, I have no doubt in my mind that Yi will push (probably make) next year’s All-Star game.

Quote:
4) Players & Coaches Decide Rosters Then Fans Decide Starters

In my opinion, the coaches and players in the Association should select the entire rosters up to a month before the actual game is to be held. There is no doubt that they would come up with a very deserving roster as peers normally judge quite objectively. Then allow the fans to vote electronically (whether through the internet or booths at arenas) starting a month before the actual game. If deemed necessary, allow the fans to also have 1 additional write-in vote for an extra bench slot. This would satisfy their need to select that one player they want to see participate, whether for cultural or nostalgic reasons.

LINK - Basketball Free For All
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote