Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jay: The Difference Between the Raptors and the Pistons
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

It's not that Mitchell doesn't get in player's faces, but how often do you see him IMMEDIATELY call a timeout when he sees something he doesn't like and then read the riot act? Usually he waits until a few errors have occured or after a run. He doesn't cut if off before it gets out of hand.

Of course you can say that the Magic have been shooting horribly shooting the 3 since their first game against the Raps, because in that game they were off the charts. In Game 1, they shot 44.8% from 3. Game 2, 29%, Game 3, 22.2%, Game 4, 37.9, Game 5, 28.1%. So yeah two out of the five games, they were unreal, the others, not so hot. But you can't seriously think that they just happened to shoot 13.3% against the Pistons just on chance. That just doesn't happen to a team that averaged 38.6% from 3 in the regular season.

I think holding a team to 13.3% from 3, holding Dwight Howard to 12 and 8, and having them score 73 points is a pretty decent job, but if you think the Pistons "weren't great" yesterday, to each his own. Maybe they weren't great, but if that's the case, then when they do get great (and they will), then look out.

Oh yeah, about half the time when I do go to Raps games, I am two rows behind the bench, so CLEARLY (sorry, your words, not mine) I have sat behind the bench and have a good idea of when Sam gets upset and when he doesn't.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote