Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jay: A Few Thoughts…Including the Coaching Situation
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

There's a difference between being an All-Star and learning how to become a more complete player. Vince Carter is an All-Star, but has his game improved at all since he came into the league?

You can take every coach in the league and find somebody on his team that he doesn't get along with. Whether or not that player stays or goes depends on a) how much the team has invested in him; b) how much they have invested in the coach; c) whether or not they can get something of value for that player should they feel the need or ability to move him.

I can't agree with you on all of the criticisms against Avery. His substitutions are far from horrendous. I don't think his bench was as deep as some people seem to have thought it was, which led to some of his starters playing more minutes than they should have and subs coming in who weren't as good as they were hyped up to be.

Do I think Avery is the perfect fit in Toronto? No. I never said that. What I said is that he would be an interesting fit and that I think he would be able to whip a couple of players into shape and possibly develop some guys. Is he the number one lock for the Raptors? Probably not, but I would still take him ahead of D'Antoni, especially with D'Antoni's lack of any sort of defensive scheme.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote