I posted my comments below on another thread yesterday, but I think they apply here as well ....
Well I will provide a completely different view and some common agreed facts ...
- Our defense sucks, but that's not why we suck as a team
- Aggressiveness doesn't start on the defensive end only ... how you manage your offense and more importantly the offensive boards sets the tone
- my biggest frustration with Bargs
and Turk (both big and mobile players) is that they watch from the outside when Bosh
or anyone is shooting the ball. Clogging the middle may hamper Bosh's lane, but it will allow our bigs to fight. I never see any elbows or anger on the offensive boards. With our 3 bigs, we should be dominating the offensive boards and get the other teams frustrated and tired. Typically, we watch while the other team has 4 guys waiting for the defensive boards
- Basically, I'm suggesting to change our offensive set-up and force dominance there..
- 2 players will need to sit back to some level or we then risk the fast break .. given this is already a problem
In summary ... If Bargs, Turk, and Bosh
get big in the offensive end ... then this will flow to our defense ... stop watching and mix it up.
Amir brings most of his hustle in the offensive end ... he's actually not that good on the defensive boards, but we love him because of his hustle.
If I was Triano I would change our perspective ...
- Change the offense ... be under the boards
- If you don't hustle on the offensive boards ... you sit on the bench