Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jeff Van Gundy's comments (regarding TOR).
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Larry Brown is one of the greatest coaches that this game has ever known. One of the few that hold both an NCAA and and NBA title.

"wrecked DET"? You mean AFTER he took them to a title?
that's exactly what I mean ... if not for that title, detroit would still have billups and be a 55+ wins team. After the title, dumars got overambitious and it went downhill from there. And I wouldn't be surprised if drafting darko wasn't in some way LB's idea too
Quote:

CHA started playing A LOT better once they got Bell & Diaw on their squad (some vets that Brown respects) and they've improved even more since getting Jackson.

Larry Brown is the same guy who took the hapless Clippers to the playoffs.

He's also the guy who built up the Pacers from nothing into a formidable team.

And ALSO the guy who made sure to grab Dikembe from ATL (to PHI) and got the most out of A.I.... more than any other coach ever has.

You may not like him but he is FAR from a "moron".
like I said, he's a good coach, but he's a moron when he tries to GM teams ... NY was a mess, but it only got truly ugly when he tried to steal Isiah's job. And charlotte is playing better, because he can coach. But that franchise's future is wrecked by passing over lopez, who would have been a cornerstone for years to come.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote