Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Let's Blow It Up
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
The MVP of West Hollywood
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Representing:

Culture needs to be changed IMO. I say we follow the Milwaukee model over the last two years.

Two years ago Milwaukee's "team" was Mo and Redd chucking shots, a mentally soft Charlie V./Yi PF rotation, and Bogut at C wondering why nobody passes him the ball. They had the worst defense in the league because nobody gave a shat about playing on that end or playing together.

Hammond gradually got rid of all the losing, defenseless players on the team and hired a badass coach in Skiles who benched young players when they didn't play d. Then Hammond brought in a bunch of good role players in Ridnour, Luc Mbah a Moute, Ilyasova, Kurt Thomas, etc. to fertilize his young players

Now their core is Jennings, Ilyasova, Bogut and a bunch of great role playing guys who play d and play hard. They have a FANTASTIC culture and solid core. They're definitely on the way up

A team like Milwaukee or Houston is exactly the opposite from what the Raps have built around Bosh. If Bosh goes I don't know who our franchise player will be, but I hope BC is smart enough to choose effort over talent for the supporting cast
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key