Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Another load on Bosh to New York
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Another load on Bosh to New York

Quote:
As Bosh previously stated, he has enjoyed his time in Toronto. However, even though the Raptors could offer him the biggest contract, playing for a contender or going to a bigger market would provide an ample amount of publicity for Bosh; more than enough to grab the necessary endorsement money to match, and likely surpass, the amount Toronto can offer.

Watching Bosh’s general demeanor in interviews and on his YouTube clips, you get the feeling that this guy would be happy anywhere he goes—a player who just goes with the flow. But could he end up in New York? Fortunately for the Knicks, a player with his skills and personality would fit right into the hectic city media circus.

While the Knicks might not have the most attractive looking team come next offseason, Bosh still has a lot more to gain (financially) by coming to New York than say, LeBron does. At this point, it is almost impossible for Bron-Bron to get more media exposure. Hell, the guy already has the top selling NBA jersey in China of all places (over Yao I might add). But for Bosh, he still has a huge amount of upside in terms of endorsement deals and publicity. If you combine that factor with the Knicks possibly signing a couple of solid role players in the offseason, you could convince Bosh to give it a shot in New York.

Taking these things into account, I would say there is a 60 percent chance of Bosh playing for the Knicks next season. But, as I stated earlier, this is mostly contingent on New York’s ability to sign a few solid role players

LINK - Examiner.com
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote