Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: Raptors have less the 50% chance at making playoffs
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBoss View Post
I took a quick look and from a glance -
I like but I wonder why the Raptors have like the BIGGEST range between the "best" and "worst" record possible - 17 wins as a worst, 55 wins at best!!! 38 win difference!!!

I guess that means we really can be "extremely AMAZING or extremly BAD" still eh
These are more gamblers stats than anything else. It just gives you statistical certainty.

Being a follower of the New York Giants Sports Stats had them as a 93% chance of making the playoffs when undefeated and now its a 44% chance. It doesn't really tell you if they'll make it or not in truth but it gives u a statistical gage on how important the rest of the schedule is to the raps.

Right now the Raps have to finish off .500 or better to be in a real race for the playoffs so the statistical markings of Hollingers is quite accurate.

Now everyone here would think they have more information than just the statistics. Also, many to overvaluve the Talent of the Raptors would think they would have greater than 50% chance to win.

Whatever the case I have a bet on the over for 38.5 wins I hope you are all correct
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote