Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who is our best shooter
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

I would actually say that our best three shooters are Bargnani, Hedo and Belinelli, though Marco is still a bit too streaky for my tastes. Calderon is a very good shooter and Bosh is very good too.

In my opinion, a good shooter is defined by not only field goal percentage, but the kind of shots they can hit. Jose's a good shooter, but he misses too many gimme's for me to say he's our best shooter. Jose is never ever EVER the focus of the D. He takes and makes a lot of wide open shots. Bosh meanwhile, shoots a shitload of contested J's.

Bargnani is a good shooter because he can hit shots inside and outside, and routinely makes his own shots inside the 3 point line. Bargs has gone from a spot up shooter exclusively to a deadly player when he puts the ball on the floor (and we're at home - he's still way worse on the road).

Hedo is a fantastic shooter - he routinely hits shots off balance, fading to one direction or another, and in late clock situations.
-----

When you think about the NBA - who are some of the best shooters out there? You still have to go with, among others, Ray Allen and Dirk Nowitzki, with their perfect releases, and Steve Nash, Mr. Efficiency.

Calderon is a very good shooter, but he seems to peak as a ~12ppg scorer for some reason. He's not a guy who can just crank up the volume of shots and expect his field goal % to stay constant, or if he is, I have no idea why he doesn't.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote