Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What about Bosh to the Spurs?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Unless the trade brings Tony Parker to Toronto, I don't really like it.

Including Manu in the deal could be problematic, depending on when the deal takes place. If the deal takes place this season, it's risky because Manu is a free agent next summer. He could walk just as easily as Bosh, leaving Toronto with nothing. Manu would only be included if he agreed to sign an extension with Toronto. But, unless he agrees to a substantial pay cut, I don't think Manu would be a good fit in Toronto. His current salary is $10.7 million. Manu is already 32 and would be 33 at the start of next season. His play is going to drop off big time in the next year or two.

The only way trading with the Spurs is worthwhile is if the prospects they give BC are better than anything he could get elsewhere. I think BC could do slightly better. I can think of at least 2 teams that would love Bosh and have a good, realistic package to offer in exchange for him.

On a somewhat related note, in other threads, I've seen Dejuan Blair receive a lot of praise and people have expressed shock that he fell so far in the draft. No doubt, he's a good player. I don't know if it is common knowledge around here or not, but Blair does not have any ACLs. A number of doctors think he'll only be in the league for 3-4 years. And that's assuming he does a good job of maintaining the required balance in his leg muscles. The Spurs are looking to win right away so they could take a risk on him. There's a lot of potential for Blair's career to be cut real short. He's definitely a good player, but he's not an excellent prospect because of the risk factor. For a team that is looking to the future, Blair is much more of a gamble.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote