Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What about Bosh to the Spurs?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
rodstriker
fucking mad with people overrating Calderon

Representing:
What about Bosh to the Spurs?

There's a similar thread in a SA forum, and for me, at least, it makes a lot of sense.

There are a ton of combinations, but all would involve Bosh and Manu Ginobili. The Spurs are getting old, are lost without Duncan in the court, and he's already 33. Bosh would be the perfect choice for the new upcoming generation. Well, the Raptors know there are slim chances of keeping Bosh this offseason, we have Andrea locked up through a long term deal and we need energy, hustle players. The Spurs can offer a backcourt scorer (manu), 31, he'll be fine about injuries, his ankle looks like pefect for me. He brings energy, he drives the crowd crazy, and he's one of the clutchest players in the league!. He's a good defender and he forces turnovers. Of course, the Spurs would have to add much more, and they could throw DaJuan Blair (Defense, rebounding, pick'n roll finisher at the rim), George Hill (NBA's top defensive PG for me), future picks or the rights to Tiago Splitter (the top international center). Maybe a pack that includes both Manu and Jefferson?

Bosh + POB -> Manu + Blair + Splitter + 1st rounder?
Bosh -> Manu + Jefferson?
Bosh + POB -> Manu + Blair + Hill?
Bosh + POB -> Jefferson + Blair + Hill?

It'd make sense for both teams. TO and Colangelo really need to save this franchise. And anohter losing season would be disastrous.

What do you think?
rodstriker is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote