Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Questions for the haters and the panic button pushers
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
RapCow
happy the day is finished at noon on Monday!

Representing:

here goes,

1) Do I think the Raps will make the playoffs? Yup, they should get at least the 6 or 7 seed in this conference.
I was expecting the team to compete for the 4-6 seed, and they still might. But more realistically 6-8.

2) The goals for the team this year? Get some consistency in their play on both ends. I think myself (and most people) are bitching at the ease at which teams are scoring on the raps. If we have a .500 team here, that's fine. But I don't believe were are just mediocre.

I personally think this is a crossroads year for the organization. The team has two different groups of players that play well with each other, but not with the other group.
I think Jose and Bosh play well with each other but do not get the other players involved enough in touches.
I think that Bellineli, Bargnani, and Hedo play well together, but have not been given a consistent chance this year to showcase that chemistry.
I look at this team and say it's clear that the coach favors one of these groups - and has done everything in his power to ensure that they get as many touches as possible, even at the expense of the other players.
Things are not clicking for this team right now, but I'm sure they will straighten it out. I just hope that the coach doesn't keep putting his eggs in one basket, just to see that basket walk at year end. Otherwise he can go be his ballboy again for another team.
RapCow is offline   Boss Key Wife Key