Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Questions for the haters and the panic button pushers
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
I actually think the panacers are underestimating how bad this season could get. Right now our DRTG is an ungodly 118.3 (by comparison the worst ever is something like 114.5). Let's say we finish 8th in the league offensively, which last year was good for 110.1 ORTG. Our DRTG improves to 116.0 which again could be generous. Even then, our adjusted average margin of victory is something like -5.7, which would've been 5th worst in the league last year and translated out to 23-25 wins.

I know this ORTG/DRTG stuff seems like statistical mumbo jumbo, but most teams' records cooreleate pretty well with their average margin of victory/losses. Even if we keep Bosh we're on track to be one a bottom 5 or 6 team in the league
Hence the need to make some tough decisions. There's no need for those numbers to remain as the status quo. But avoiding all possibility of doing what is needed to improve upon them is inane, and I think it would have to be unsustainable. Surely Triano does not just want to pretend he is a coach. Time to do his job already.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key