Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Team Architecture: Good vs. Bad
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
do we need to go over the whole 'marion relies on athleticism, who wants to pay a 35 year old guy $10 mil when his athleticism is gone' argument again?

ariza was never really available for us to go after. people thought he would stay with the lakers, they signed artest and he signed with houston withion a couple of days. he's definitely not worth $10 million anyways. was hedo the right guy? probably not, but those other guys weren't options either.

it's not just about cold, it's about canada vs usa. you can't tell me this isn't a factor.
Why are Marion and Ariza "not worth $10M" but Hedo is?

And if you're telling me that an NBA player would rather play in Minnesota or Ok. City or NJ than Toronto (very comsopolitan with great nightlife and fans) then I call B.S.

Not every player is Antonio Davis.

VC re-signed with us.

Bosh re-signed with us.

And Hedo took our money with little hesitation.

Money talks. The problem is that we've always been too quick to discount a player's value when he isn't "flashy".

Guys like Oakley, Childs, Willis, AD.... how much money did we shell out for them to stay in Toronto? And they were ABSOLUTELY worth the money... even if they weren't "stars".

I absolutely REFUSE to believe that BC's hands were tied and Hedo was his best/only option.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote