Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after car accident
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #81 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I never really consciously tried dating, but I have met quite a few women over the years who I got involved with sexually/romantically. I always got the feeling from women that I was being manipulated by their feminine charms, by their measured praise, and by their guilt tripping. I think evolution produced women as specialized at manipulating men into doing what the women want.

I am generally friends with people who are serious about philosophy, and who are interested in non-attachment and liberation from the human condition. There are such people out there believe it or not, but not too many.

I have no doubt there are some very warm feelings and a sense of security that can come from such relationships, but I can't help but think there is a serious "price to pay" for such cozy mind states.

Metaphorically, my mental state is like that guy on the discovery channel, surviving by himself with limited means in some really hostile environment. I like the rugged individualism.
I hate to break it to you, but manipulation, guilt tripping and charm ain't a trait exclusive to women. The reason you might notice it in them (and in turn, apply it to every woman, through your beliefs with regards to some assinine theory of human evolution) is that you don't care about what men do because it doesn't affect you in any sexual or emotional way.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote