Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Brian Colangelo, the Italian connection and bias?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
jaedenky77
chillin like a villain

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
BC is paid to do a job and he can do that job any way he pleases. If he is banging his hot wife and letting Maurizio hire nothing but people with italian last names and euros so be it.

BC thought this was the team that would win at the time and making a hindsight post is your problem not BCs. BC didn't go out and trade Bosh for Gallanari or get Belli at a high price. He obviously tried to do what he thought was best.

If the team was winning you wouldn't care if they were Italian, pokadots, black or whatever.
No he can't do that job any way he wants. He is hired by the franchise to make the best decisions for the sake of winning and giving the fans the best product he can possibly produce.

Andrea came at a high price, he was the first overall pick. A 3 point shooting 7 footer with zero defence or rebounding. Any roster spot in a league such as the NBA is a high price, you try to get players who are either very talented or can fill a role, you don't get players because they are a certain nationality.

I think Bellinelli is overrated around here anyways, he's selfish and leaves his feet all the time and ends up turning the ball over. He's taking a roster spot and valuable minutes that could go to another player who is a better fit.

I've had this issue with BC for a while now, I just decided to post it here now. Even if they had a better record, it doesn't change anything about my opinion. Bottom line is the man is biased and it has affected his decision making, that is unnacceptable.

I know that Toronto has a large Italian population and there's many Italian/Canadian Raptors fans here. But I gotta call it like it is, Italy is not exactly the hotbed of basketball talent either. This has stink written all over it.
jaedenky77 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote