Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

Maurice isn't the problem in Toronto. MLSE just gets their fingers into hockey operations when they shouldn't. They don't do it in basketball. The Leafs also have no defence and hang any goalie they have out to dry. If Cujo back in the day hadn't stood on his head, would those teams have gotten nearly as far as they did? Not a chance.

I can't believe Sundin still wants to play in Toronto. I mean seriously, who has this guy ever had to play with? Nobody. Imagine how many more points he could have if he had a serious linemate for a few seasons.

Funny story for you guys (got it second hand from my cousin, but I think it's true...either way, funny story). A long time ago, my cousin's friend was called up from the A to play his first NHL game against the Habs. He's lined up against Shane Corson on a faceoff (after a few rough plays) and tells Shane, "Look, Shane, we've gotta go. The only way I'm sticking with this team is for me to drop the gloves, show I'll protect my teammates." Shane says, "Sorry dude, I scrapped last night, I ain't going again." As they get set for the puck to drop, my cousin's friend says, "Shane, really dude." Shane says, "Sorry man." Puck is dropped, Shane jumps the guy, kicks his ass and the sucker's he's back down in the A right after the game. Out of hockey a few years later. I never liked Corson, but I hope that story's true.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote