Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Just talked to Chuck...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Well nothing personal here, I don't hate TJ as a person I just don't like the way he plays the game at the point guard position. He just reminds me of a squirel thats quick and plays out of control.I just get sick and tired hearing if TJ was playing we would be doing better. Mind you majority of people prefer Jose over TJ. I see when I mention Jose it drives you crazy I just chuckle about it. No hard feelings man. The point guard position is not hurting us actually its our strength right now. Like I stated before the coach must take some blame here. He now is trying to use the press (paper) to get Bargs going.What the hell is that, maybe the press should be ripping the coach, looks like Bosh started but then back tracked in his interview. I love the passion that mitch has but that does not win games, he does not have the brains to take this team to the next level end of story.
No, it doesn't get me going, I just find it funny. It's the most serious man crush I've ever seen . The Raptors work either way from PG, it's not even a consideration when talking about what is wrong with this team. But what you have to realize is that when people are saying the team would be doing better with TJ here, it is because after Jose, there's nobody to run the point. I'm not in agreement with Chuck and Leo when they say that Juan has been doing a good job running things when Jose is on the bench, I think he has been pressing, forcing shots and trying to make passes that are a little too fine. Anyway, that is why people are saying that the Raptors need TJ back. It's that one-two punch, because that is hard to answer, having two different speeds at PG coming at you the whole game.

I'm not too sure about your theory on Sam using the press to get Bargs going. I think more or less, Sam has just been stating facts when it comes to Bargnani. There's nothing left to tell the guy, he has to realize that he has to bring more than one facet to any game and he is going to have to get some serious coaching in the offseason on D and rebounding. Good D turns into good offense, especially when you can run the court. I don't think Bargnani is paying attention to the media, but I have the feeling he is sensitive, so he may take some things too personally. Just my opinion, I have absolutely nothing to back that up.

Also, let's not talk about Sam's brains. I have no doubt that Sam is a smart guy, but when it comes to making tactical decisions, I don't think he is on par with some of the top coaches in the league. You're right, Sam may be able to get guys motivated, but if it's crunch time and the Raptors need a play drawn up, I'm not at all confident.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote