Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the Worst BC Moves
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

I think it's pretty ridiculous to judge a move before it happens. Bargnani's extension only kicks in next season, let's wait until then to evaluate if it's a good move or not. As of right now, he's only making 7 million, which is pretty good value.

Regarding the direction, I think you can disagree with it, but not call it a bad move.
If everybody would only try to do the safe thing, we'd still light fire by hitting stones together. I would be willling to bet that before the end of his career, colangelo will win a title with a team that's better on offense than on defense.

In terms of bad moves, eliminating hindsight (signing garbajosa was a bad move that way), the top 3 imo is:

1. Signing solomon
2. Signing roko
3. Signing kapono

None of his other moves I can call them bad from their a priori reasoning. Maybe the poll is not explained properly. Maybe the author wants us to analyze which moves were the worst in hindsight - but that would be futile. YOu can take any team in the league 5 years ago, and show how they could be a title contender now if only they would have made the right moves
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote