Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the Worst BC Moves
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
1. Signing Calderon at the time was a no brainer. And at 8-9Mil dollars he's still worth that imo. It's always funny when a player struggles a little and people all of a sudden forget what the circumstances were at the time.

2. What starting caliber SG/SF could you get 3yrs ago for the MLE (5.7Mil)? Good luck. At the time Kapono was a popular move. Again revisionist history at it's finest.

3. Solomon was awful, but with little to no money available any move he made there would have benn a crapshoot.
No..if you have read my posts i've been very consistant from Calderon's second year on the team I didn't think he was the right point guard for THIS TEAM..and i've never waivered on that. This isn't about a guy struggling, and i'm not saying he's a bad player. I dont' think he's suited for this roster and i've always said that. Don't lump me in with the haters.

Corey Maggette is who I would have gotten. We needed and still do a guy that can get to the rack and score points from the wing(now it's from the 2 spot). Revisionist my ass. We needed either rebounding/toughness or scoring but it had to be a starting caliber wing player and we signed Kapono..and no it wasn't a popular signing at the time...where we you when BC was getting flamed?

Perhaps, but i was asked to rate the bad moves and I think that was one of them. Perhaps a guy that had proven at least he was able to play at the nba level. Carlos Arroyo and that guy we used have, plays for the Bulls now..crap i forget...played oversees last year. Jason Williams retired but might have been available.

Man, what a hostile thread. You get asked to do something and then get flamed for it. Sheesh
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote