Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bosh, like LeBron, trying to avoid free agency chatter
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Bosh, like LeBron, trying to avoid free agency chatter

Quote:
"In the season, I don't want to get caught up in that," said Bosh. "Because if you start thinking about it, you can't give 100 percent mentally to the task at hand, which is playing basketball and trying to win games. If I start thinking about that all the time it will affect my play. I don't want that to happen. I want to keep playing at a high level the whole season and most of the time you have to have a clear head in order to do that."

Bosh's high performance is coming amidst a mediocre start for the Raptors, who are just 7-9 despite adding free agents Hedo Turkoglu and Jarrett Jack, trading for Marco Belinelli, Amir Johnson and Reggie Evans drafting rookie DeMar DeRozan with the No. 9 pick. While averaging 105.7 points per game on offense, Toronto ranks next-to-last in points allowed (108.6).

"It's a blur really, the first part of the season," Bosh said. "It's like everything has been mixed into one, getting acquainted and learning each other on the fly and just trying to get the chemistry right at the same time that we're trying to win basketball games. It's a constant challenge and we're still trying to figure out what we do best and figure out how to play together. It takes time.

"We were not gonna know each other right off the bat. I didn't expect to know everybody and their games right off the bat and I hope they didn't expect that out of me. It takes some getting used to. In the NBA we have plenty of games, but we've done a pretty good job so far."

The Raptors, of course, insist they will do everything possible to keep him in the fold in their future and Bosh is glad to hear it.

"Have I given it a thought at some point? Sure," he said. "I've tried to sit down and figure things out. But it's a waste of time, because you don't even know what you're going to be doing next week, let alone next month or next summer. That's a question that you can't even answer. You mind is always changing, your situation is always changing."

When he's asked about the Raptors, Bosh says he's thoroughly enjoyed living in Toronto and his time with the organization. When he's asked about the possibility of moving closer to home and perhaps playing for a team in Texas, at first he shakes his head. In Dallas, Bosh could be the heir apparent at the power forward spot to Dirk Nowitzki and in Houston he could fit in nicely alongside Yao Ming.

"No, that's too close to home," Bosh said. "It's not a total negative. I have a lot of family and friends in Texas. But you know that can be both a gift and a curse. Still, it's nice to be wanted."
Quote:
There is also the appeal of playing his entire career with one franchise.

"Not everybody can do it," Bosh said. "Not a lot of guys have done it. It happens less and less. The business has changed a lot. But I think that's pretty cool to stay with one organization for a while, try to help them get some place, since I came from rock bottom.

"My job right now is to get some place this year with this team. I'm feeling strong. I feel good. I feel like I can keep up this level of play for the whole season. If that happens, maybe it helps the decision, maybe it doesn't. What I know is if I spend all season caught up thinking about things, it doesn't help anybody."
LINK - NBA.com
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote