Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Was Bosh second guessing Smitch?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Grange: Was Bosh second guessing Smitch?

What do you guys make of this? Sounds like Bosh is questioning Sam's decision not to double team LeBron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grange
Is it nature or nurture? Chicken or egg? LeBron or the Raptors? Everything’s going along pretty well for Toronto, they’re holding King James to 6-of-19 shooting through three quarters, mostly with one-on-one coverage from a caffeinated Anthony Parker, and then the man with the huge Chosen tattoo across his back simply GOES OFF in the fourth. The first question Chris Bosh was asked afterwards was if there was anything they could have done differently to prevent it. Bosh didn’t hesitative, as I mentioned in my game story: "We could have come off [low-scoring] Devin Brown and make Devin Brown score instead of LeBron," he said afterwards. "[LeBron] made two or three spot-up threes. … Any time we see a guy get hot like that, we have to make someone else score." When I followed up Bosh went on to say that Cleveland was doing just that to him at the other end – rushing a second defender at him on the catch, forcing him to give up the ball early. As a result he only had 11 shots on the game. This would seem to be a criticism of the Raptors tactics and by extension his coach. But before Bosh could get too far along he was back-tracking a little, allowing that trapping someone like LeBron outside the three-point line is a risky proposition in its own right. There is no doubt that James was in large part being James – a 27.4 per cent three-point shooter coming into the game, and 0 per cent to that point in the game, he hit four-of-five in the quarter – but when he goes off like that it raises the question of how much of it was him, and how much of it was opportunities that were made available to him.
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote