Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Which young center in the East will become an All-Star first?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
For Horford to get in it'll take the Hawks staying in 1st in the East and thus getting 3 all-stars. Otherwise he's easily behind Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

Lopez might when the Nets become good. Which could be soon if a big FA gets there

Bargnani would if the Raptors were a 50 win team that got two all-stars. Otherwise no

Noah will require either the Bulls being a 50 win team with him and Rose leading the way, or them getting a big FA next year and Noah getting in as the 3rd all-star. Don't think either is likely

I would go with Lopez of the 4

Bogut deserves a mention here btw... he's better than Noah and Horford and if he's not out too long could be the 2nd best player on a 45 win type team. That would give him an outside shot as the backup
Interesting points. I think Atlanta can get 3 All-Stars, even if they are only a top 3 seed. Last year, originally, Orlando was given 3 All-Star spots before Jameer got hurt. I could be wrong, but I don't think Orlando was in first place at the time.

Yes, Bogut is a solid young center, too. When healthy, he can average a double double, and he's an underated passer, in my opinion. Maybe if he gets back in time and helps Milwaukee win, he'll get some consideration. For the record, I just took this list from NBA.com because I was surprised by the voting results. They did not include Bogut on their list. Dude has game. He just needs to stop getting injured all the time.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote