Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - CLIMATEGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairGM View Post
1 - The National Post article is somewhat sloppy journalism. In a seperate post, I will elaborate as to why I feel this way. I will go through the article and respond to it.

2 - No "lefty" paper will cover it because there is probably not much of a story. This has a lot to do with the political bullshit SJ was eluding to in his post. The National Post appears to be inflating this story.

3 - What is your understanding of how the world warms and cools? You deny global warming but accept climate change? What do you mean? Please be more specific so that I don't have to make assumptions about your position. Do you believe that "man" is affecting the climate, but not warming the planet? Is that what you're saying? If so, in what ways do you accept that man is affecting the climate?
1. All journalism can be considered sloppy depending on ones bias...I can pick apart a Star or NYTimes article on any given day.

2.I think in this case they will have to pick the story up, now that reuters and online sources like yahoo etc...are on it they will have to. The political BS falls both ways if this was a story about some right wing debacle it would be all over the place and you know it.

3.Perhaps I should have been clearer on the terms. I see "Global Warming" as the trend it has become in media and politics. "Climate Change" I see as the worlds natural cycle of change not man driven. I will say it is possible that man effects climate, too what extent though, we do not know.

What I do know is that what these "scientists" have done (and remember this is NASA and CRC we are talking about) is absolutely reprehensible, and changing and deleting files once a "Request for Information" has been submitted is highly illegal, and they could face criminal charges. My prediction, and I don't know for sure, but this might just be the tip of the iceberg (pun intended).

Belsuis, there was a time in that world was covered in ice, not just leaves not falling, and man had nothing to do with it.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote