Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lucid Dreaming
Thread: Lucid Dreaming
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

They're great. I also get dreams where I could swear I've woken up and am experiencing the surroundings in the room, only to wake up again, but for real, some time later to find the actual details are different, and that my wakefulness before was a dream.

For example, I think I am awake in a friends spare room, and I check the alarm clock for the time. Then I wake up later and look for the clock, and there is none in the room. I ask about it, and there never was an alarm clock. And yet that is the only detail that was different from the waking and dreaming states.

Or I think I've woken up and see my dog on the bed next to me. But later I wake up for real, and he's not there, and I find out that he was never on the bed.

Then there was the time I thought I woke up in the spare room of my in-laws. I'm lying flat on my back, and suddenly I am lifted up to about two feet below the ceiling, where my body spins around like a propeller for about fifteen seconds, and then I fall back into the bed, as if pushed by a giant arm. Upon contact with the mattress I wake up for real.

I think all those examples are sort of related to lucid dreaming in that the boundaries between wakefulness and dreaming are very much blurred.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote