Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lucid Dreaming
Thread: Lucid Dreaming
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
zachus
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

Representing:
Default Lucid Dreaming

Quote:
Lucid dreaming means dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming. The term was coined by Frederik van Eeden who used the word "lucid" in the sense of mental clarity. Lucidity usually begins in the midst of a dream when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. Often this realization is triggered by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely occurrence in the dream, such as flying or meeting the deceased. Sometimes people become lucid without noticing any particular clue in the dream; they just suddenly realize they are in a dream.
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of Lucid dreaming? I'm learning about it in a course I'm taking and I'm fascinated by it. With the proper training anyone is essentially able to be aware of and control their own dreams and then use that ability to conquer fears, develop skills, etc., and that's absolutely incredible to me.

There are definitely some philosophy buffs on this board, so I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say, be it about Lucid dreaming or the "boundaries" of the mind in general.

Lucid Dreaming Frequently Asked Questions Answered by The Lucidity Institute
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote