Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bosh to possibly consider Heat?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Apollo
a dick

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyBalla View Post
For Real... Anything is always possible.
Next week some writer in Chicago will have a Bosh wet dream, have nothing to write about, will dig up an old "Bosh could come to Chicago" article he or someone else wrote, paraphrase it, add in some new quotes and post it to the net. Then someone in NYC will do the same later in the year and then we'll see someone in Miami write the same paraphrased article we're reading here and then....

Bottom line, Chicago, Miami and NYC cannot come close to offering the same sort of package the Raptors can. Second, Chicago has proven time and time again since Jordan let that they cannot put together a strong team no matter how many high lotto picks they use. NYC has good management there and all but I don't think Bosh would enjoy the level of disrespect the fans and media give their star players when the going gets tough. It takes a lot to get booed off the court in Toronto but NYC all it takes is one botched last second play...Plus he laughed at the idea once publicly. Miami, well, they're an option but again they can't offer the money and Bosh won't be the man. I also think Bosh feels comfortable with Colangelo and the coaching staff. He has to trust them because they've done nothing but work hard at bringing in talent to help him. It hasn't worked to date but the progress is visible and Colangelo is more than competent in judging talent and crunching numbers. I also think Bosh might want to be a one team player. Most of the greats made it work in the city they were drafted. If good support is in place(Colangelo), then why not try to make it work in one city? Why admit defeat when things are just finally getting sorted out and the winning culture is slowly being established? Why should Bosh flock to someone else's spotlight like a moth when he's building his own bright light? If he truly wants to be a great and I think he does, then he should think his presence in a city will start drawing attention in free agency.

Last edited by Apollo; 11-19-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote