Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - I just wish....
Thread: I just wish....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premiere View Post
I'm just not into it. I'd rather have the players rest over play in an all-star game.
I just don't understand the point.
To prove yourself? To prove you're an "allstar" over being a "star"?
Is that kind of disjointed game entertaining for some people?

I don't mean to offend - I just don't know.
No, it's not just about the game itself....

1. You tend to have an affinity for your own city's players so you want to see them participating in that whole weekend and event wearing your team's uniform and being announced.

2. It sends a bad message to players and fans everywhere if some continue to see this city as some forgotten Siberia where players come to get ignored and miss out. You put up stats but you're someone else's bitch because you live in Canada?

3. People don't see it as nothing when a player is an all star. They mention it whenever they get the chance. I don't even think Magloire was all star worthy, but getting there helped his career. If players think they are going to get left out, no wonder some don't want to come here.

4. Being an all star helps your pay cheque.

5. Somehow, great players seem to learn from each other.

6. Maybe if a certain center were an all star, it would help his confidence and he would stop backing down and standing around on the perimeter so much.

Also, I don't see all of these all stars falling off because they go to that game. If anything, they all seem to turn it up after the break.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key