Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - We should've drafted...
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

HAHA

Great idea for a thread, Acie.

Some of the ones proposed so far are good. In a couple of cases, I think there are other good options aside from those already mentioned.

Here are some other ones:

1998 - Dirk Nowitzki or Paul Pierce. This, of course, would be done with the hope that McGrady is more likely to stay when not in Carter's shadow. With less media hype around Pierce or Dirk, maybe Tracy stays. Imagine Tracy paired with Pierce.

1999 - rather than trade Bender for Antonio Davis, the Raps select Shawn Marion with the 5th pick.

2000 - The Raps still draft a left handed swing man, but this time they get the best one in the draft: Michael Redd.

2001 - Tony Parker would have been nice(as someone already mentioned). Or, instead of that, the Raps draft Gilbert Arenas.

2002 -rather than draft and trade Kareem Rush, the Raps should have picked and kept Carlos Boozer or Luis Scola.

2003 - I am okay with Bosh. But as Thriller pointed out, Wade would have been nice.

2004 - Where do I even begin. When one looks back at that draft, they can only shake their head in dissapointment over what could have been. Instead of Aruaujo, the Raps should have drated any one of Iguodala, Biedrins, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, or Kevin Martin. All 5 would have been very useful selections.

2004 - 2nd round pick should have been used on Trevor Ariza, instead of Miralles.

2005 - As others have mentioned, we could have used our two 1st round picks to get Bynum and Granger. David Lee was also available. Even Lee would have been much better than Joey Graham.

2005 - 2nd round pick. Instead of drafting Ukic, Babcock should have drafted either Louis Williams, Ryan Gomes, or Marcin Gortat. All 3 of them have some value.

2006 - 2nd round pick. Thriller mentioned drafting Monta Ellis, instead of P.J. Tucker. The Raps also could have drafted Paul Millsap, instead of Tucker. Drafting either Ellis or Millsap would have been a steal.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote