Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - New Avatar Theme
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #87 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairGM View Post
That's a slightly better argument. I understand that people who haven't visited this thread might see the avatar and go "WTF?", so I won't pose any objections to taking it down (not that it would matter if I objected, since I am new and have no rights). However, they are going to see avatar's of dictators and will probably still go "WTF?".

Seriously, though, you were way to quick to accuse me of revisionist history, even if I was playing on the whole revisionist history thing in order to get a laugh. Trane already made a great post on this issue, but I could add more. When I was an undergraduate, I wrote a paper on the Catholic Church and the Holocaust. This is a touchy subject. I don't think the Church could have possibly saved all the Jews; I'm definitely not saying that, but there are some things the Church should not be proud of, given that the Pope is supposedly a moral leader. To be fair, Allied governments, including the Canadian and American ones, have a lot to be ashamed of as well. But nobody ever gets mad at me when I bring up political leaders, yet they always flip their lid over the Pope and the Church.

One thing I can't do is bother. Here I have a pic of a Facist Leader and now we are talking about the morality of and truth about History and Governments. I had a feeling this would happen and I'm not going to be walking on eggshells doing so. I'm taking off my avatar and just not even answering you anymore. For a guy that goes from Silly to Serious how should I really respond to you anyways.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote