Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - New Avatar Theme
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #81 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
my two cents on the fascism-pope connection...

the catholic church became the only recognized religion in italy, giving it sole powers over birth, marriage, death and education, in return for urging its congregation to vote for mussolini's party. (lateran pact of 1929).

the catholic church also endorsed horthy's right-wing coup in hungary, as well as fascistic movements in slovakia and austria.

hitler's very first diplomatic accord (july 1933) was a pact with the vatican. in return for complete control over children's education in germany, the catholic church urged its congregation to abstain from any political activity that the nazi regime deemed off limits. parish records were handed over to the nazis following this pact as a means of determining aryan lineage.

the catholic church also ordered an annual celebration on hitler's birthday as of 1939, accompanied by the pope sending hitler his warm birthday wishes and prayers. pius xii is well known as a nazi sympathizer, although this is being denied by catholic apologists.

i could go on and on about the rat line and south america or many ofther situations that the church was in bed with fascistic movements...

I'm not doubting the overall past of pope. However; to put a Swatztika on top of the CURRENT pope just raises way too many eyebrows IMHO.

I'll be the last to get offended within political events but to clearly shows a pic of something of the past and depict it with something of present time really is a huge stretch IMHO
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote