Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thoughts after the first 2 games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
insight_tor
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor

Representing:

I really think is too early to draw any conclusions. I said before the season started that Raptors has a very good potential but there are so many things to glue together; some of these little things will work, some of them no. Jose playing along with Turk and other ball handlers was one of the possible issues. Jose is still Jose, but he may not be that efficient playing off ball, he needs to find new ways of contributing and to be comfortable with this role. Is going to take time to adjust, is not about Jose being unselfish/selfish, is just a matter of adjusting. Clearly, the game that Jose use to run in the past (controlling the ball most of the time, looking for the best safe pass or jumper) is not going to work for Raptors, it is too predictable. The new plan, to have 2-3 ball handlers (Jose/Turk/ optional(Jack or Belinelli)) requires quite few changes for Jose game. Patience guys, I would say by middle December we should know if this is going to work.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote