Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Where should I go this summer?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Belsius
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

Representing:

I would seriously suggest not to go to any place in the mediterraneum in the summer.
Two main reasons,
first and most obvious, its annoyingly full of tourist. And when I say full, I mean it. Second, its extremelly hot. Being in Madrid in august specially its tough because to be under the sun for more than 10 minutes is difficult. Madrid has a lot to see if you like museums (prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen are huge painting museums) and that kind of stuff. It also has one of the best public transportation system in the world. You can pretty much go anywhere by bus or train. You will find good food and lot of places to party (if you still do that,lol).

Barcelona is the coolest city in spain, really international, a lot of places to party, good tranportation, a lot of good concerts and cultural things to do. It has the Gaudi (a famous arquitect) bulidings and parks wich are beautiful. The beaches there are nothing special. Too many tourist in Barcelona.

If you want to come to spain, you should go to the north. San Sebastian specifically, the capital of The Vasque Country. Best food, amazing beaches (water is cold though), good temperature, beatiful little towns, best food again, not a lot of tourist, great jazz and movie festivals, and you can also go to the mountains cause they are not that far. Everything is just green and beutiful in the north of spain.

Oh and whatever you, DONT GO TO ROME OR ATHENS IN THE SUMMER.

if I was you I would go to Alaska. Well, I would anywhere without too many tourist, I really cant stand them.

Last edited by Belsius; 04-18-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote