Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thoughts after the first 2 games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

For me, the biggest dissapointment was Bosh. As I said before, the only chance we could be good this year was if Bosh was going to play good defense. In the first game he seemed much improved, but against Memphis he showed that he is still underpowered and will be exploited at will by all the strong PFs this year again. The fact that he can abuse an even worse defender in randolph will not come even close to offsetting his defense.

Regarding Bargnani, I wasn't shocked that he couldn't defend Gasol, he is also underpowered and always had difficulties defending big centers. However, what truly shocked me was how selfish he started the Memphis game. He was the second coming of TJ Ford in the first quarter.

Calderon is not even a dissapointment anymore. I wanted to believe he's a better defender that what he showed last season, but deep down I probably knew that wasn't the case. Right now I'm almost certain that by the end of december he will either be traded or moved to the bench.

All in all, I would have MUCH preferred to lose against the Cavs and win in Memphis. In order to have a shot at a high playoff seed this year we must destroy the weak teams and maybe grab a game here and there against the top teams. After two games it's clear that this team will be a .500 give or take team, and more likely "take" ....
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote