Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - So what do we think?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
I think this team has yet to prove if we can really play with Tj and Calde. Can we really play both styles and play well consistelly? Or having such different Pgs is part of our Jekyll & Hyde sindrome. What worries me most is the way we play in the last quarter. And that prooves a lack of expirience. We have had problems in the last quarter even in games we were winning by twenty like the ones againts Memphis and Cleveland. If thats a problem now imagine what it will be in the playoffs, where there is a REAL pressure.
We have the talent and the pieces to get far in the playoffs for sure but we have to improve a lot if we want to win the important games, like the one against Boston or Dallas this year.
Whats sure is if we need someone to make points on the post other than Bosh, because we are not going to win the games when those long shots dont go in.
I agree Belsius. I agree completely. But I have to think of this right now 'in baby steps'. The fact that we're learning how to win, no matter who the opponent is, well to me important from the get go. We'll learn to beat Dallas and Boston et al but right now we're learning to shut the teams we have to beat down.

Still, I have my concerns about this squad. Smitch, needs to show that he is capable of taking that next step as well. Some of his decisions so far have been well terrible. Other times he has this team well prepared to win.

Still, I think that with time and once Andrea becomes fully integrated into the offensive schemes and not just used on a high screen pop out then our offense as a whole will benefit. Right now, we're lacking creativity.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote